Montenegro is a place of natural and cultural wonders, where the stunning Adriatic Sea provides a scenic backdrop for medieval walled villages and breathtaking mountain peaks. With landscapes ranging from rainforests to snowcapped ridges and a wealth of temples, mosques, and cathedrals, this is a country overflowing with riches for travelers of all ages and interests.
The Treasure Chest of the Adriatic
With landscapes ranging from rainforests to snowcapped ridges and a wealth of temples, mosques, and cathedrals, this is a country overflowing with riches for travelers of all ages and interests.
Great Rates for Travel Industry Staff!
Montenegro has long been a crossroads country, where the Christian Orthodox East meets the Catholic West. It is a place of natural and cultural wonders, where the stunning Adriatic Sea provides a scenic backdrop for medieval walled villages and breathtaking mountain peaks.
Montenegro’s history is a complicated one. Once part of the Roman and Byzantine Empires, a variety of religions, ethnic groups, and traditions have always formed a diverse cultural tapestry in Montenegro.For much of its history, Montenegro was ruled by the Petrović-Njegoš dynasty, who served as state and spiritual leaders for 225 years. The World Wars of the 20th century blurred the borders between Montenegro and its neighbors, when the nation became a member of the Slavic States, then part of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, before regaining its full independence with a historic vote on May 21, 2006.
Montenegro is a true cultural crossroads, but it’s also unique because of its tribal traditions. Under threat of invasion from the Ottoman Empire, Montenegrins formed tribes and clans similar to those of Scotland. Almost every Montenegrin knows which tribe and clan they come from. The tribal culture of Montenegro is a special treat for visitors looking for an authentic cultural experience. Many mountain villages have preserved their traditional language, local customs, and cuisine. You won’t want to miss the regional variations of Montenegro’s seafood, smoked meats, and the country’s favorite dessert: donuts served with honey and dried figs.
Montenegro is blessed with a picturesque Adriatic coastline with some of the warmest sea waters in the world. Many of Montenegro’s oldest cities cluster along the coast, including Kotor, an ancient walled town that’s now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The beauty of this fortified town is multiplied by the scenic Bay of Kotor, considered one of the most beautiful bays in all of Europe.
The Budva Riviera ranks high on the list of best destinations on the Adriatic. Budva’s old town was built on a peninsula for extra protection from invaders—a strategy that appears to have worked. Today, you can visit a variety of medieval monuments, including St. John’s Church, constructed in the 7th century!
Budva’s coastline is known as “the Riviera of Sandy Beaches,” so of course it’s perfect for a swim. Pick any hamlet or historic site along this coast and you’re sure to find a gorgeous beach nearby. In addition to swimming, the coastline offers endless opportunities for kitesurfing, sailing, fishing, and even scuba diving.
The coastal belt, which is the narrow strip along the Adriatic Sea separated from the hinterland by steep mountain ranges, enjoys a Mediterranean climate, with long dry summers and short mild winters. Average July temperatures are 28˚C with a high approaching 30˚C.
The central part of Montenegro encompasses the Zeta Plain and the Bjelopavlici Plain and averages a January temperature of 5˚C and a July temperature of 28.5˚C. The maximum can reach 40˚C with a minimum of -10˚C.
The climate is sub-alpine with cold snowy winters, up to 5 metres of snow in the mountains. Winter maximum temperatures are around 3˚C with minimums around -8˚C. In the summer months it goes from 23˚C to 9˚C.
Montenegro is full of treasures, but perhaps its greatest riches are its natural parks and wilderness areas. From dense forests to Europe’s deepest canyon, Montenegro boasts a wild and diverse landscape that’s unique on this continent.
You don’t have to be a hardcore adventurer to enjoy Montenegro’s natural wonders. Visit one of the last rainforests in Europe at Biogradska gora National Park, or take a relaxing cruise on Pivsko Lake. The majesty of Montenegro’s canyons are accessible to everyone with a scenic drive through Morača, Cijevna, or Piva.
For true adventurers, however, white water rafting or kayaking in Tara River Canyon are sure to get your heart going. Ready to take the adrenaline to another level? Try canyoneering at Nevidio Canyon—literally meaning “Never Seen” Canyon. A challenging climb here is rewarded with spectacular views of the emerald ponds and swirling streams of the river Komarnica. There’s something for every nature lover in the treasure chest of Montenegro.
Hotels are already displayed in STV's Recommended order below. You also have the Option to Filter them differently.
If you change Filters, after your selection, remaining hotels will be displayed in STV's Recommended order, or in Alphabetical Destination order.
Pearl of the Adriatic Cruise 7 nights ~ Montenegro
Per person (based on 2 adults sharing room) + applicable taxes on a TM: Tour Meal Plan basis
|Room Type||Maximum Adults||Maximum Adults + Children|
[Click box to close]
STV Super Specials
What do these rates mean?
* STV Super Specials are STV's usual SUPER Discounted Special rates, GENUINELY and STRICTLY ONLY available for TRAVEL INDUSTRY Employees resident globally, and are classified as an Employee Benefit. (Available to Airline, Travel Agent, Tour Operator, Hotel, ATC & Airport Handling Agent Employees)
* You must be a Travel Industry Employee and you must be registered with STV (Free) to be able to book our STV Super Special rates.
* Minimum one Travel Industry Employee per room. You are required to present your I.D. / proof of employment on check-in.
* There is no limit to the number of bookings per year you can book (unless stated otherwise)
* Friends and Family cannot book STV Super Special Rates. They can accompany you but must stay in the same room as you (some hotels permit an extra room for Friends & Family and if so this will be stated on the hotel page, but you must always be included in the booking and be staying at the hotel).
* PAYMENT & CANCELLATION: With STV Super Special rates you only need to pay a very small refundable deposit within 14 days of making your booking, or right away if travelling short notice, and the main balance of the booking is paid direct to the hotel, usually on check-in. It is FREE to cancel or amend dates for your booking, often right up to and including the day of check-in, making these rates great for standby travelers (see each hotels payment & cancellation terms). When you make a booking request with STV Super Special rates and it is confirmed, you do not need to go ahead with the booking and can cancel immediately without paying a deposit if you wish.
* Remember STV Super Special Rates are only available for Airline & Travel Industry Employees as an employee benefit and are the lowest rates you will ever find.
* True Airline & Travel Industry Employee rates are known as ON REQUEST. This means you choose your hotel and Super Special rate and submit your booking request through our website and you will receive a response back from the hotel as soon as possible. Because the rate is so highly discounted, the hotel 1st needs to check if they have enough spare rooms to agree to let you pay these exclusive Travel Industry Employee rates. The hotels will often reply to you the same day but be prepared to wait up to 24-48 hours ~ It's worth it!
* BEWARE of other Interline/Agency companies telling you they offer Genuine Airline & Travel Industry Employee rates with 'immediate confirmation'! This is simply not true, and you are being misled. Hotels need to manually check their availability for Genuine Travel Industry employee rates and this can take 1-2 days. This is why they are known as ON REQUEST rates.
* BEWARE. If other companies tell you your Friends and Family can use the same rates as you unaccompanied, you know they are not genuine Travel Industry Rates! No hotels allow Friends & Families to book genuine Airline & Travel Agency Employee rates unaccompanied, so they are simply selling you rates that are also available to the general public through other channels.
STV have different rates available to Friends and Family to enjoy unaccompanied, they are called STV Direct rates. Because we source such rates in bulk and are the only truly global client and leading company selling holidays to Airline and Travel Agency Employees and their Friends and Family (we have served travel industry employees resident in over 200 countries ~ almost every single country on the planet), we always have the lowest STV Direct rates available anywhere. See STV Direct for these great deals for you and your Family.
MONTENEGRO: Choosing “Pearl of Adriatic” cruise you will have the opportunity to completely relax, admiring the beautiful bays of Montenegro and fabulous old towns such as Kotor, Perast, Budva, Herceg Novi, and Tivat.