Staff Travel Discounted Rates
Read and learn about this hotel on this page. You can also sample it first hand at our Very Special Travel Industry Employee Rates and then help the hotel by spreading the word!
Surrounded by the blue ocean of the South Ari Atoll, Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives is a barefoot paradise with a palm-fringed beach and shimmering lagoon that offers the perfect island holiday for everyone.
Centara Grand Resort & Spa Maldives, Centara Boutique Collection are delighted to offer travel industry staff the opportunity to come and experience our services first hand at very special industry educational rates. When you return home refreshed from your holiday you will be keen to promote the services of the hotel onto your own clients, and people you come into contact with.
With 112 spacious villas set over-water, and suites blending harmoniously with the natural setting, the island has a wealth of activities and superb facilities that makes this an ideal hideaway for couples and honeymooners, or a fun-filled destination for families.
There are exceptional opportunities to discover the exotic life of Maldives underwater, with a house reef that is a kaleidoscope of colour for snorkellers, a shipwreck dive site just off the island, and easy access to some of the most famous dive sites in the world. With our Ultimate All-Inclusive concept, your stay on our tropical island is absolutely carefree, with dining, rejuvenating, playing and exploring all included.
Weatherboard villas connected by timber walkways, thatched-roof buildings, a white-sand beach and sparkling lagoon are the setting for your stay on the island. The accommodation is spacious, with villa sizes up to 159 square metres, and the light interior décor with splashes of bright colour enhances the airy feeling and the comfort of the living areas. Outside your window, the lagoon is a calm blue that merges with the blue of the sky. You will find this the perfect place to dream the day away.
All accommodation categories have the option of an upgrade to Club category, which includes access to the Club Lounge, while those staying in the pool villas will enjoy the luxury of having their own villa host to assist with any requirements during their stay. Staying in this beautiful and natural environment doesn’t mean that you are cut off from the world, for free Wi-Fi is included in every room type, along with flat-screen TVs with DVD player. Children 12 years old and above are classed as adults.
- BEACH SUITE
Take a walk on the white sand beach just outside your Beach Suite, and enjoy the turquoise waters of the lagoon. Our Beach Suites offer prime island living, where you can enjoy a spacious area of 87 square metres with a relaxing living room, a king bedroom on the mezzanine level, and an expansive bathroom with an outdoor shower.
- DELUXE WATER VILLA
Open the door to the endless horizon, unwind on your private sundeck, or enjoy swimming and snorkelling in the warm lagoon. Set on the northern side of the island, the Deluxe Water Villas are spacious in size with a living area of 86 square metres, a soothing décor of white with splashes of colour, and rattan and hardwood furnishings.
- DELUXE FAMILY WATER VILLA
These family-friendly over-water villas are designed for the special needs of those with young children. The villas offer 93 square metres of family space including a children’s sleeping area with bunk beds and PlayStation video games, and secured access to the terrace for safety of the little ones. Bask in glorious sunshine and enjoy unobstructed ocean views whilst lounging on your expansive terrace that has steps down to the lagoon.
- OCEAN WATER VILLA
Take in sublime views from these newly refurbished villas set on the western end of the island. Designed for lagoon living, each villa has an ample terrace for lounging and basking in the sun, a sea-gazing bedroom, and steps that lead directly into the shimmering lagoon. Abundant space is provided, with 110 square metres of total living area, including an outdoor terrace where our chefs can arrange a private dinner, and a spacious bedroom with high ceilings and dominated by soothing whites and rattan and hardwood furnishings.
- LUXURY BEACHFRONT POOL VILLA 1 BEDROOM
With white sand fringed by crystal clear waters just outside your Luxury Beachfront Pool Villa, you can indulge in barefoot luxury and enjoy abundant living space in your 159-square-metre villa, with its own plunge pool and terrace perfect for lazy days. Soft woods and white hues throughout the living area and the king bedroom on the mezzanine level create an inviting and relaxing environment.
- LUXURY BEACHFRONT POOL VILLA 2 BEDROOM
With fresh interiors that blend harmoniously with the natural environment and their own beachfront, these expansive 159-square-metre pool villas are ideal for families travelling to the Maldives with up to three children. Each Luxury Beachfront Pool Villa Two-Bedroom is a tranquil retreat, a stone’s throw away from the shimmering lagoon and with its own plunge pool on the terrace for cool dips.
The Ultimate All-Inclusive programme provides activities for everyone, no matter what age and preference. Voted as Maldives’ most family-friendly resort two years in succession, the island has an ideal family itinerary that includes visits to Camp Safari and E-Zone for the youngsters, and exciting activities like banana boat and tube rides, water sports, beach games and activities at the pool, which includes a pool for the young ones. Couples and anyone in need of some deep relaxation can enjoy the daily spa treatments that are included as part of your stay, and take part in other activities such as yoga sessions. Surrounded by warm, azure waters with extraordinary underwater visibility, beautiful coral formations and an exotic marine life, Maldives is one of the world’s top diving destinations. Our PADI Best Dives experts will provide everything that is needed for beginners, those with medium skills, and expert divers.
Our house reef and lagoon provide fascination for snorkellers, and just off the reef there is a dedicated shipwreck that offers easy diving and a close-up view of turtles and whale sharks, manta rays, parrotfish, anemone fish, and surgeonfish. For a true feel of discovery and adventure, our Ultimate All-Inclusive experience includes a choice of half-day and full-day excursions. Each guest can enjoy all excursions once per stay, choosing from a snorkelling tour, sunset cruise, local island discovery tour to visit a Maldivian village on a nearby island, and sunset fishing.
- Infinity swimming pool
- Children’s pool
- Oceanfront Spa Cenvaree
- Overwater fitness centre
- Floodlit tennis court, with lessons included in your stay
- Facilities for enjoying badminton and volleyball
- PADI dive centre
- Motorised and non-motorised water sports
- Complimentary excursions including snorkelling tour, whale shark boat trip, sunset cruise, local island discovery and sunset fishing
- Kids’ Club with Camp Safari and E-Zone
- Babysitting service available upon request
- Complimentary wireless internet access
- Airport transfers operated either by seaplane direct from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport or by speedboat via Maamigili Airport, in the South Ari Atoll (depending on your arrival time)
- Island boutique
- The Club offering a relaxation area and swimming pool in an exclusive setting, along with a host of additional privileges
- Medical services and resident doctor
- Laundry services
- Foreign currency exchange
Extra Staff Bonuses!
* Bonus Discounts
|Up to 20% Extra Bonus|
* Space Available Room Upgrades
* Space Available Late Check Outs
"Space Available" Room Upgrades and Late Check-out, if granted will be at the time of check-in/check-out and at the sole discretion of the hotel.
Airport transfers can be book directly through our website (extra charges apply). Please read the information below to help you select your transfer according to your arrival/departure time in the Maldives.
Our Ultimate All-Inclusive programme is better than ever, making your holiday absolutely carefree from the moment you land at the airport and sail to the lobby by dhoni.
Meet and greet at Velana International Airport in Malé. Our staff will be at the airport to welcome you and assist you with your direct seaplane transfer to the resort or with transfer between Velana International Airport (MLE) and Maamigili Airport, in the South Ari Atoll, a 15-minute speedboat ride away from the resort. Airport transfers must be settled upon check-in. A glass of bubbly or a soft drink of your choice will be waiting for you upon check-in.
Daily dining indulgences:
- Selected beverages are served daily from 10am until midnight
- Sumptuous champagne breakfasts available through mid-morning at the Reef restaurant, perfect
- for those wishing to sleep-in.
- A choice of three restaurants for lunch and dinner.
- Mini-bar replenished once a day with soft drinks, mineral waters, beers and 2 bottles of wine.
Daily pampering, each guest can enjoy a daily USD 100 credit to redeem at SPA Cenvaree.* Guests aged 18 years and above
Discover a choice of excursions including a snorkelling tour, whale shark boat trip, sunset cruise, local island exploration and sunset fishing. Guests can book excursions once per stay.
Undersea discovery and water sports:
- Windsurfing lessons and equipment.
- Non-motorised water sports.
- Motorised activities including banana boat and tube rides.
- Snorkelling equipment for use throughout the stay.
- Diving is now included. Guests can enjoy up to 3 dives per person per week as an alternative to spa treatments.*
- Wi-Fi access available throughout the resort.
- Tennis programmes and use of fitness facilities with programmes designed by our personal trainer.
Terms & Conditions:
- The option to exchange spa credit for a dive is applicable to adults only (18 years old and above)
- Up to 3 dives per person per week, limited to one dive a day
- The 3 dives include orientation dive and 2 regular dives
- Each dive (including orientation) is limited to 45 minutes
- Each participant must primarily be a certified Open-Water diver, or higher, and undergo orientation prior to the first scheduled dive
- Final dive should be completed 24 hours prior to departure from the resort
- Dives are subject to weather conditions