Staff Travel Discounted Rates
Smart, Clean and Simple
Cititel Express is the epitome of a Smart, Clean and Simple hotel for both leisure and business travellers in Penang. Ideally located in the heart of George Town, our hotel offers convenience for guests with excellent service, comfortable guestrooms, delectable cuisine and other modern facilities.
Great Rates for Travel Industry Staff!
Located centrally in the city of George Town, this historical site was famously known as Wembley, where theatrical troupes incorporating Javanese tonil entertained the local populace. Governed by strict heritage preservation guidelines, this locale is till surrounded by colonial shop houses.
For a fulfilling stay that is great value for money, make Cititel Express your first choice.
Just 5 minutes from the Penang Ferry Terminal, and a mere 20 minutes drive from Penang International Airport, Cititel Express Penang is within walking distance of many key Unesco Heritage sites. There are also several eateries and shopping outlets close by, and Batu Feringghi beach is a 30 minute bus ride away.
- Located in the heart of George Town, at the intersection of Noordin Street.
- 20 minutes from Penang International Airport and 10 minutes from the Penang Bridge.
- 5 minutes from the Penang Ferry Terminal & 30 minutes from Tanjung Bungah and Batu Feringghi.
- Direct access to famous local eateries, major shopping malls, and UNESCO Heritage sites.
- Komtar Bus Interchange and Taxi stands are within walking distance.
Please note that in-room amenities may vary by room type, but all rooms include:
- Air conditioning with individual temperature control
- Coffee making facilities
- Broadband Internet access
- Hair dryer
- Satellite TV channels
- In-Room Movies
- International direct dial telephone with voicemail
- In-room Digital Locker
- Mini refrigerator
- Key card access with security lock
- Shower cabin with rain showerhead
Whether on business & leisure, at Cititel Express we have the facilities to meet your basic needs
- Common ironing area on each guest floor
- Express check-in and check-out service
- Travel & Tour Desk
- Car Rental
- Complimentary wireless internet access
- Facilities for the physically challenged
- Shopping Arcade (To be open)
Enjoy authentic Japanese delicacies in the warm and relaxing ambience of Enoshima. From breakfast to dinner, let our Chef whip up a quick and healthy meal for you when you are on the go.
A stay in Penang is not complete without taking in the sights and sounds of this enchanting island. The best way to do this is by foot, following the heritage trail to view the many splendid and intricate architectural buildings and attractions.
What to see
Experience the unique charms that have earned George Town a place as a Unesco heritage site. Here, every clanhouse and building represents a page of Penang’s colourful history, and every street corner has a tale to tell.
Our recommendations are:
- Blue Mansion (Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion) – Leith Street
- Khoo Kongsi (Khoo Association Clan House) - Cannon Square
- Arts & Crafts - Armenian Street
- The Chew, Lee, Tan and Lim Clan Jetties - Weld Quay
- Kek Lok Si Temple and Penang Hill - Ayer Itam
- Street art- along most of the streets in George Town, be dazzled with wall paintings and wrought iron sculptures
Where to eat
Penang is internationally famous for its food, typically served alfresco in local coffee shops, open air food courts, and standalone hawker stalls
- Fried Koay Teow - Kafe Ping Hooi, Carnavon Street
- Bah Kut Teh - Restoran Cheng Heong, Air Itam
- Assam Laksa - Coffeeshop at Foothill of Ayer Itam Dam
- Curry Mee - Hot Bowl Rangon Road & 50, Lorong Seratus Tahun
- Hokkien Mee - Ah Soon Kor Stall, Kim Sin San Coffee Centre, Macalister Road
- Lor Mee and Wan Tan Mee - Ipon Lane ( next to Jelutong market)
- Lor Bak - Kheng Pin Coffeeshop - Sri Bahari Road (nearby Cititel Penang)