Travel Industry Employees and their Friends & Family need to be registered and logged in to be able to access and book STV Direct specially Discounted rates.Travel Industry EMPLOYEES ONLYFriends & Family
Click Here to Login or Register with STV
[Click box to close]
STV Super Specials
What do these rates mean?
* STV Super Specials are STV's usual SUPER Discounted Special rates, GENUINELY and STRICTLY ONLY available for TRAVEL INDUSTRY Employees resident globally, and are classified as an Employee Benefit. (Available to Airline, Travel Agent, Tour Operator, ATC & Airport Handling Agent Employees)
* You must be a Travel Industry Employee and you must be registered with STV (Free) to be able to book our STV Super Special rates.
* Minimum one Travel Industry Employee per room. You are required to present your I.D. / proof of employment on check-in.
* There is no limit to the number of bookings per year you can book (unless stated otherwise)
* Friends and Family cannot book STV Super Special Rates. They can accompany you but must stay in the same room as you (some hotels permit an extra room for Friends & Family and if so this will be stated on the hotel page, but you must always be included in the booking and be staying at the hotel).
* PAYMENT & CANCELLATION: With STV Super Special rates you only need to pay a very small refundable deposit within 14 days of making your booking, or right away if travelling short notice, and the main balance of the booking is paid direct to the hotel, usually on check-in. It is FREE to cancel or amend dates for your booking, often right up to and including the day of check-in, making these rates great for standby travelers (see each hotels payment & cancellation terms). When you make a booking request with STV Super Special rates and it is confirmed, you do not need to go ahead with the booking and can cancel immediately without paying a deposit if you wish.
* Remember STV Super Special Rates are only available for Airline & Travel Industry Employees as an employee benefit and are the lowest rates you will ever find.
* True Airline & Travel Industry Employee rates are known as ON REQUEST. This means you choose your hotel and Super Special rate and submit your booking request through our website and you will receive a response back from the hotel as soon as possible. Because the rate is so highly discounted, the hotel 1st needs to check if they have enough spare rooms to agree to let you pay these exclusive Travel Industry Employee rates. The hotels will often reply to you the same day but be prepared to wait up to 24-48 hours ~ It's worth it!
* BEWARE of other Interline/Agency companies telling you they offer Genuine Airline & Travel Industry Employee rates with 'immediate confirmation'! This is simply not true, and you are being misled. Hotels need to manually check their availability for Genuine Travel Industry employee rates and this can take 1-2 days. This is why they are known as ON REQUEST rates.
* BEWARE. If other companies tell you your Friends and Family can use the same rates as you unaccompanied, you know they are not genuine Travel Industry Rates! No hotels allow Friends & Families to book genuine Airline & Travel Agency Employee rates unaccompanied, so they are simply selling you rates that are also available to the general public through other channels.
STV have different rates available to Friends and Family to enjoy unaccompanied, they are called STV Direct rates. Because we source such rates in bulk and are the only truly global client and leading company selling holidays to Airline and Travel Agency Employees and their Friends and Family (we have served travel industry employees resident in over 200 countries ~ almost every single country on the planet), we always have the lowest STV Direct rates available anywhere. See STV Direct for these great deals for you and your Family.
Special Discounted Rates
Read and learn about this hotel on this page. You can also sample it first hand at our Very Special Travel Industry Employee Rates and then help the hotel by spreading the word!
Alluring Indian Ocean blues, snorkelling with sea turtles and reef sharks, pampering spa treatments and fine dining: not a bad resume for Komandoo Island Resort & Spa. Add to that the island’s adults-only concept guaranteeing pure tranquility and it becomes clear why Komandoo regularly finds itself on the very top of most romantic resorts lists.
Combining a Maldivian charm with all the comforts and indulgences you would expect from a private island resort, Komandoo is undoubtedly the place to spend your holiday at. Suitable for honeymoons, anniversary celebrations or quality down time with your darling or family, this small island is bound to receive a special mention in your dairy.
Jacuzzi Water Villa
Komandoo Island Resort & Spa water villas are situated on wooden poles with a spectacular view of the Indian Ocean, providing a luxurious and romantic atmosphere to your stay in paradise. A large, partly roofed wooden deck with a staircase leading down to the ocean gives you a private slice of utopia. The tranquility of the lagoon is the perfect sanctuary and makes these villas perfect for romantic honeymoons in Maldives. Enjoy a nice bath in your own Jacuzzi whilst gazing out over horizon where the azure waters meet sapphire-coloured skies.
Jacuzzi Beach Villas
Komandoo Island Resort & Spa romantic Jacuzzi Beach villas are located just a few short steps away from the lagoon. These spacious luxury villas line the beautiful powdery white beach that encircles the tropical island. The proximity to the beach and features of the room make it the ideal romantic Maldives honeymoon resort. Lie in the shaded area of your wooden veranda or relax in your sun loungers out in the sun. Enjoy the spacious bathroom with an outdoor patio and Jacuzzi to experience the true relaxation of the Maldives.
The Komandoo Beach Villas are spacious wooden retreats discreetly placed along the shore. Each villa has a wooden veranda where you can enjoy the sound of the ocean and a spectacular view of paradise. These elegant Maldives Resort villas provide a perfect place of harmony during your stay at Komandoo. The tranquil, partly open-air bathroom features a feeling of serenity with a garden and walk in shower.
Snorkeling around Komandoo
Surrounded by one of the most exhilarating house reefs in the Maldives, Komandoo offers snorkeling like no other. Discover the amazing sights beneath the surface only a few steps away from the comfort of your villa. The fantastic reef features hard coral, vibrant soft coral, pulsating anemones and the full cast of characters from Finding Nemo. Snorkeling around Komandoo is an experience that beginners and seasoned snorkelers alike will love.
Maldives scuba diving at its best
The Maldives is one of the world’s top scuba diving destinations, and the waters around Komandoo offer an incredible amount of fish life, dive sites and variety.
Duniye Spa, Maldives
“Enter a world of complete sensory heaven where time is left at the door and a new journey begins, step into the temple of touch and aroma here at Duniye Spa.”
There are many paths to wellness and Duniye Spa offers an exquisite range of treatments to start you on your journey in the Maldives. Duniye Spa’s philosophy follows a natural approach to body and skin care which infuses ancient beauty therapies. The Thai, Indian and Balinese Staff are trained professionally in the health and beauty industry and deliver treatments from the heart.
Watersports at Komandoo
Komandoo offers a wide range of activities to suit every interest and level of experience. Whether you have never tried it before, or you are an old pro at watersports, come and have some fun and thrills with us!
SPEED BOAT EXCURSIONS: Whether you want to see dolphins, go snorkelling and view the fantastic marine life, or combine the two while taking a trip around the atoll for the day, we can design a fantastic trip for you and your partner to enjoy together! A perfect surprise for your loved one on a special occasion or anniversary!
CANOES: A more leisurely way to enjoy an afternoon in paradise! Why not take your snorkelling gear, canoe or pedal out to the house reef and hop into the crystal clear waters whenever you feel like it, jumping back on when you want a rest! Not so happy in the water, but have a partner crazy about snorkelling? This is a great way to spend your time together: why not stay on the canoe and catch some rays while your other half snorkels alongside?
Besides the above, there are other watersports activities available, bound to provide some variety to your island holiday and allowing you to make the most of your beach holiday: windsurfing, kayaking and stand-up paddleboarding.
Komandoo Island Resort & Spa state of the art fitness center is fully equipped to help you stay in shape whilst on holiday in paradise. Whether you want to lift weights, do cardio sessions or floor exercises, Komandoo Island Resort & Spa‘s Gym offers you a wide variety of workout possibilities.
Swim with Manta Rays
The waters of the Maldives and the Lhaviyani Atoll are one of the few places in the world where you have the magical opportunity to swim with Manta Rays! Mantas are inquisitive creatures, that on occasion, swim up to snorkelers and play. There are several spots around the atoll where you are likely to find them, and with the help from our experienced crews, who know their patterns like the back of their hand they become a lot easier to find. To share the water with these majestic animals is a truly magical experience that you can witness through luxury sailing or in many of our alternative excursions.
Extra Staff Bonuses!
|UP TO 25% EXTRA BONUS|
|Book By||Extra Bonuses||For stays during|
|25 Oct 2022||
SPECIAL CANCELLATION AND AMENDMENT POLICY
|03 Dec 2021 31 Oct 2022|
|25 Oct 2022||
LIMITED PERIOD OFFER!
|03 Dec 2021 31 Oct 2022|
Space Available Late Check Outs
"Space Available" Room Upgrades and Late Check-out, if granted will be at the time of check-in/check-out and at the sole discretion of the hotel.
The Maldives is found under the Indian peninsular in the middle on the Indian Ocean. The islands breach the surface on an extinct volcanic marine mountain ridge that together cover 90’000 square kilometers. The Maldives 1’192 islands are scattered into 26 atolls that form unique rings of tropical islands and lagoons.
Komandoo Island Resort & Spa is located in the Lhaviyani atoll, 91 miles north of the capital Male and the international Airport. Lhaviyani atoll has all the ingredients for tropical paradise, with consistently warm waters that have outstanding visibility. The lagoons are decorated with coral gardens that host an incredible variety of marine life.
The journey to reach Komandoo is definitely one of the highlights of holidays in Maldives. A seaplane journey with Trans Maldivian Airways takes just 40 minutes, and offers incredible views of the atolls from the sky.
Dine at 5.8 Undersea Restaurant at Hurawalhi Maldives
We are pleased to be offering guests at Komandoo the chance to fine dine at our sister resort, Hurawalhi, at their 5.8 Undersea Restaurant, the world’s largest all-glass undersea restaurant. The shades of turquoise in the water are spectacular and the abundant marine life is even better. A coral garden with schools of tropical reef fish swimming in the crystal clear water, stingrays and turtles passing by and the possibility of a graceful eagle ray or manta fly-by – at 5.8 anything and everything is possible.
Aqua. Simply spectacular.
Discover fine dining at one of the most contemporary restaurants in the Maldives. Komandoo Island Resort & Spa's a-la-carte restaurant Aqua is simply spectacular. Resting on stilts over the Komandoo lagoon with glass windows on the floors, Aqua reveals the ocean life beneath your feet. The cutting edge world-class cuisine and our friendly staff provide romantic and unforgettable evenings. On the menu you find fresh local ingredients such as yellow fin tuna, lobster and many more delicacies from the Indian Ocean.
Fantastic Falhu Restaurant
Komandoo Island Resort & Spa, Falhu Restaurant is a treat for the senses, the aromas, view, tastes and sounds all paint the perfect experience. Dine over the beach on sand floors or on the deck looking out over the lagoon. Sample extraordinary cuisine buffet style from all over the world on 6 show cooking stations and enjoy some or the rising stars of the wine world.
Relax & unwind at Kandu Bar
Komandoo Island Resort & Spa Kandu Bar is a romantic venue perfect for spending time with your loved one. Explore the exceptional wine list or the wide variety of drinks available such as champagnes, liquors and colorful cocktails. For honeymooners spending the day by the infinity pool the Kandu Bar is only a few steps away. As the sky erupts with colors the deck with lagoon views is the best place for sundowner. Alternatively the sand floors combined with lava stonewalls create the perfect atmosphere of elegance as musicians and various live entertainments take the stage.
Thundi Bar: Maldives sunsets from the beach
Located on the south side of Komandoo Island Resort & Spa, Thundi Bar offers a romantic venue where you can quench your thirst while soaking in the Maldivian sun at Komandoo’s pristine white beach, or enjoy your favourite sundowner, overlooking the resort’s iconic water villas. Thundi Bar offers a wide selection of refreshing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in a tropical barefoot ambience and is likely to be a frequently visited venue during your stay at Komandoo Island Resort & Spa for another reason: views are on the house!