Travel Industry Employees need to be registered
Click here to login or register FREEHaga clic aquí para iniciar sesión o registrarse GRATISKlicken Sie hier, um sich anzumelden oder KOSTENLOS zu registrierenCliquez ici pour vous connecter ou vous enregistrer
Click Here or 'NEED HELP' on the Menu Bar for help using our website!!Haga clic aquí o en "NEED HELP" en la barra de menú para ayuda usando nuestro sitio web!Klicken Sie hier oder an "NEED HELP" in der Menüleiste für Hilfe zur Nutzung unserer Webseite!Cliquez ici ou sur "NEED HELP" dans la barre du menu pour obtenir de l'aide pour utiliser notre site Web
and logged in to view rates and bookLos empleados del gremio de viajes deben estar registrados e iniciar sesión para ver las tarifas y reservarMitarbeiter der Reisebranche müssen registriert und angemeldet sein, um Tarife zu sehen und zu buchenLes employés de l'industrie du voyage doivent être enregistrés et connectés pour pouvoir consulter les tarifs et réserver
Offering the best of Sabah in a lush, 400-acre tropical setting beside exquisite Pantai Dalit Beach.
Relax in a Tropical Luxury Retreat
Educational Rates for Travel Industry Staff
Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort & Spa comprises 499 elegantly appointed guestrooms and suites. The resort enchants endlessly with its natural magic and is home to an eco-friendly 18-hole championship golf course and the magnificent Spa at Dalit Bay.
It is dawn, and you are seated in a tower as the majestic new sun rises over Mount Kinabalu in the distance. This is the best breakfast you have ever had. Your Malaysian-themed room is perched on a verdant hill, with a spectacular beachfront view, surrounded by 400 acres of tropical forest. You see the catamarans along the beach, and can only imagine what other activities await.
The resort is home to an eco-friendly championship golf course and the magnificent Spa at Dalit Bay. Unique to the resort is the Nature Interpretation Centre, gateway to the Nature Reserve. Here, you can meet the Borneo's wildlife. Even the kids have their own fun club. And the more adventurous ones get to help the rangers look after the animals in the resort’s care.
You decide to go horse riding today. Don’t forget about deep sea fishing tomorrow. Twilight happens all too soon. But with sunset cocktails and dinner in a beach-side gazebo served by your own private butler, you don’t really mind. Once you've experienced the splendour, nothing else matters.
The resort comprises 499 elegantly appointed guestrooms and suites. In the Garden Wing, all ground-level rooms have a private lanai accessible through the garden. On the first floor, all rooms have private balconies. For guests who demand the very highest levels of luxury, the exclusive Ocean Wing offers 173 premier rooms with private outdoor bathtubs and sweeping views of the sea.
- 24-hour in-room dining
- Complimentary broadband Internet access
- IDD telephone and voice mail
- Cable TV and in-house movies
- Tea / coffee making facilities
- In-room safe
- Hairdryer, bathrobe and slippers
Following the success of the Premier Rooms at the Ocean Wing, the resort’s USD 20 million refurbishment of the 326 guestrooms and public areas of the Garden Wing encourages a sense of tranquility with its nature-inspired interior designs that accentuate the natural landscape of lush forests that surrounds the resort and also a 3km-long idyllic beach that resonates with the sounds of waves breaking on the shore of the South China Sea.
The Ocean Wing offers a new level of indulgence for discerning travellers who desire privacy and the finest in luxury living. All 173 opulently furnished rooms face the sunny wind-swept seashore. Each 90-square-metre Premier Room features a private oversized outdoor bathtub and large daybed for the ultimate in relaxation. Set amidst acres of tropical gardens, the grand lobby was designed with a sense of functional space and is decorated with tropical and marine accents.
From arrival to departure, guests of the Ocean Wing will enjoy an elevated holiday experience with special privileges and personalised services, including:
- Separate gardens and courtyard entrance
- Breathtaking swimming pool and jacuzzi pool
- reserved exclusively for Ocean Wing guests
- Exclusive breakfast buffet in Oceano, Italian restaurant
- Express check-in and check-out
- Dedicated Ocean Wing concierge services
Staff Travel Discounted Rates
Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort & Spa, Kota Kinabalu offers popular western cuisines, as well as Malaysian and Asian favourites.
- Indulge in all-day dining outdoors or indoors at Coffee Terrace, an engaging spot for casual snacks.
- Savour the refined cuisine of Northern India and spicy specialties from coastal Goa at Naan - Flavours of India.
- Makan Street captures the nostalgia surrounding Malaysia’s traditional food stalls, which are often seen along streets and in the front of shophouses.
- Kozan’s interior echoes the minimalist aesthetics of a classical Japanese teppanyaki restaurant.
- Golfers' Terrace is the perfect place to relax before and after a game.
- During the day, enjoy refreshing beverages and light snacks at the beachside Sampan Bar.
- In the evening, Lobby Lounge is a popular spot for a drink while being entertained by resident musicians.
Situated amid the lush tropical vegetation and white sandy beach of Pantai Dalit, the resort is just 40 minutes from Kota Kinabalu International Airport and 35 minutes from the city’s shopping and commercial district.
The Nature Reserve was established by Shangri-La’s Rasa Ria Resort & Spa, Kota Kinabalu, in collaboration with the State Wildlife Department of Sabah in June 1996. The reserve is located within the resort’s forested hills and spans 64 acres. Its topography is ideal, with steep slopes gradually becoming gentler and forming a ridge. The highest point within the reserve stands at 95 metres above sea level. The hill is mainly covered by secondary forest growth, and outcrops can be seen along the ridge. There is an abundance of fruit trees that support various species of birds and other smaller native animals within the reserve.
- The Spa
- 18-hole championship golf course, club house, putting green and driving range
- Rasa Ria’s own nature reserve featuring native animals and plants
- Free-form swimming pool with children’s pool
- Watersports activities, fishing, river boat tours
- Health club with gymnasium and reflexology treatments
- Horseback riding, cycling, nature walks and tree-top canopy
- A floodlit tennis court
- Tours to Mount Kinabalu, jungle treks and wildlife reserves
- White-water rafting (seasonal)
- Summit breakfast
- Wall climbing